Bird by Bird I: A Bird Hope



In Anne Lamott’s book Bird by Bird, she tells a brief story of her life, and then mentions the use of many different writing techniques. This blog will only cover the first 30 pages.


I enjoy how that the author includes an anecdote on her life. It answers any questions that the reader would have about why she got into writing, and her anecdote also adds to her qualification as a writer to give advice. It shows that she truly does have an experience in writing. I also like how the author encourages new writers to tell the truth. It seems that whenever I try to write a realistic piece of writing while lying I struggle. I will take this information with me after reading it to better my writing in that way.


Lamott’s intended audience likely consists of students wishing to learn about writing. This piece could also be written for people that write on a more professional level, as the can take some of her advice.Overall, Anne Lamott’s first writing technique showed in the first 30 pages is very helpful. Sometimes setting up a new piece of writing is the most difficult. The strategies she used will help people begin new pieces of writing without as much work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Differences Between Telling and Showing

The Voice in Writing

Bird by Bird VIII: Rogue Bird