The Voice in Writing

Writing with Voice
There are many ways a writer can make their texts unique. In Henneke’s article, “How to Find your Writing Voice,” the author writes about how using a voice can differentiate one’s writing. For example, certain traits like enthusiasm can help keep one’s writing unique.

Knowing more about writing with a voice, I will more likely have a different word choice depending on the occasion. For example, if I am writing party invitations to friends I will be more likely to use slang or other informal words. If I am writing a letter to my boss I will have a more formal voice. Formality is only one trait of many in a voice.


The audience of this article is likely consisting of people who are trying to see how word choice affects writing, students learning more about writing, and similar authors. I like Henneke’s argument on how it can be appropriate to change your voice to appeal to different readers. For example, if you are writing an article about painting calm scenery, it could be fitting to use a voice that is more laid back and tranquil. Henneke has a very accurate definition of voice, and is very efficient at using it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Differences Between Telling and Showing

Bird by Bird VIII: Rogue Bird